Tuesday, September 1

Ballet!

(she wore socks since it was a trial class, now we have to get real ballet shoes!)


Yesterday was Beth's first ballet class! The trial class went extremely well, Beth met the teachers and walked right in. The first 5 minutes or so, she just stood there and watched everyone else (they started with tap) but after that she really got into it. The teacher said she could stay in, so she's joining! It's once a week, and she will have 15 minutes of tap and 45 minutes of ballet. She wasn't sad to leave, but all day today she has been asking to go back! I think it'll be great for her to do this, not just to learn dance but to learn stuff like waiting for her turn in line and following directions from someone other than her parents. ;-) If all goes well, she will be part of the production next June, so mark your calendars!

Luke had a pretty good time too. The studio had some toys for the other kids to play with, who were mostly younger brothers. I learned that Luke really likes trucks, and that I should probably get him some "boyish" toys instead of all these hand-me-down girly things he's playing with!

4 comments:

DL9Addy said...

Think about it: they've got wheels, they holds stuff in their beds, you can make engine sounds while you play. I mean, what's not to like?

grandma c said...

Pretty ballerina! Can't wait to see her perform for us in the kitchen! Too cute! And in terms of Luke...I am torn between a truck or fly swatter for his birthday!

Blair said...

Yay! So glad it went well!

Lauren said...

yay beth! i might have some shoes and tights and stuff... what size?

 
site design by designer blogs