My life has changed drastically in the past several days! Luke is crawling for real, there is no stopping this boy once he has his eye on something, and he's fast! It seemed like it happened so quickly. Two weekends ago he was barely crawling and now he moves from one side of the house to another while I turn my head. He loves cords (Beth could have cared less) and outlets, he loves knobs and opening and shutting cabinet doors. I am so glad our house was mostly childproofed already because I would not be able to keep up with him otherwise!
Beth is also learning that her life is changing. She can no longer plant herself on one side of the room and be left undisturbed, now Luke is getting into what she's interested in and it's making her upset! We are forming some good habits now though, I am teaching Beth that instead of getting angry and pushing Luke or yanking a toy away, she needs to tell me right away that Luke is about to mess with her things. It's actually working, somewhat! I know they won't always get along, but I will try to teach her to use her words and not her fists!
Here's a short video from a few days ago. Does it play on your computer? It is very choppy on mine, but I'm not sure if it's the video or my geriatric computer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It plays. I'd get onto you for letting your kid eat off the floor, except I know that you and I have both eaten cockroaches and such and lived to tell the tale.
Plus, there's a big theory right now that exposure to allergens decreases the likelihood of kids developing asthma. So go for it, Luke!
He is getting around! It's amazing that we just saw him and now look!
Post a Comment