I am taking advantage of her absence by doing what's hardest to do with her around- shop! Yesterday I went to Target and mulled over their organization stuff... Beth's room has driven me nuts for awhile now and I wanted to fix it up. I try to take on a minimalist perspective when it comes to toys, but somehow things keep piling up and looking messy. In an effort to organize and get rid of stuff she never plays with, I bought part of an Itso organizational system from Target along with some canvas boxes. (Now, here's the part where I justify my purchase to myself, claiming that I would love to be a more DIY-type of person and that if only I had the time then maybe I could shop thrift stores and refinish something myself...But I'm not that person. Not right now, anyways, and so I had to be proactive and just do something about it.) I tackled her room last night, purging old toys, moving out baby toys and organizing the rest and viola! It looks fantastic!

Our bedroom is a mess right now since I sold my old bedroom furniture on Monday. Ryan and I had been using my high school/college furniture, and it wasn't fitting our needs anymore, so I sold it. Our bedroom is currently housing our king bed on a metal frame, a dog crate, my Ikea night stand, and a pop-up card table for the computer. Clothes are everywhere since we have no place to put them, and mix that with the usual plethora of kid's toys and a lazy dog, and we have a big fat mess. Hopefully by next week things will be a little better! Our comforter should be coming in the mail today, then we can pick a paint color!
Today Luke and I have errands to run and friends to visit. The house is very very quiet with Beth gone...

1 comment:
Beth's room looks really nice. Great job. I'm also starting to appreciate the value of canvas boxes for storing baby stuff and I'm sure we don't even even half the amount of toys you guys have.
Post a Comment