I know I usually write monthly updates for Luke, but he's accomplished so much recently that I have to write a 9.75 month update for him this time. :-)
Luke is crawling! Real, traditional crawling! The boy has been scooting around on his tush for awhile now, but other than walking, he does everything else- rolling both ways (he really didn't roll much from back to stomach until recently), sitting, pushing up into a sitting position, pulling up to a standing position, and he's starting to navigate around whatever he's pulled up on.
Of course, with new-found skill comes sleep disruptions...He who had been sleeping pretty well is now up about every 2 hours again, and when I go to him he's sitting up trying to pull up. I know this is typical when babies develop a new skill, but I felt like he was just starting to sleep well- last week for 3 nights in a row he had only woken up twice in the night! I know that still seems like a lot for some, but it was just short of heaven for us.
I am still nursing Luke, and he is still very much into it. I will definitely keep nursing him till his birthday, and most likely afterward for...who knows. With Beth, she weaned herself at about 16 months since I was pregnant, but I'm not sure how that will play out this time!
Luke loves baths and pools, he loves banging pots and pans on the floor, and he loves getting into his big sister's things! Beth will be experiencing a new part of sisterhood soon as Luke really starts getting into her stuff... I am not sure how to handle this part because discipline is sure getting harder around here! There is lots of, "Mine! No Lukee!" and pushing. I guess these mechanisms are innate in children because I sure as heck haven't modeled this behavior for her! But that's another post all together!
His ears must have been ringing because he just woke up... at 7:52, after being asleep only an hour... It's going to be a loooong night...
Tuesday, August 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment