I forgot to write an update on Luke for his 10-month birthday, oops! It was my birthday that day, I forgive myself. ;-)
Everyone knows Luke is crawling, and he's fast! He isn't scaling furniture yet, in fact, he's totally not even interested in pulling up on anything except Mommy and Daddy. If we're laying on the floor, he'll pull up and stand rather quickly, but he won't pull up anywhere else. That's okay, I'm in no rush for him to walk!
He's still nursing well, he's to the point that he gets completely distracted by everything around us, so I have to be a little careful while nursing in public! Still no teeth yet, either!
Luke love cords and outlet. It's really scary, how quickly he'll move from one side of the room to another, just to pull on a cord. He also loves Finley, and our awesome Doggie will let Luke crawl all over him! Luke's gotten a few wet kisses in the face- so gross, but he just laughs!
He's also signing! Okay, one sign ("more") and he uses it totally out of context, but it's clear that he's signing it to tell me something. He signs "more" when he's on the floor, fussing, and he wants me to pick him up! With him, I also sign, "please," "milk (nurse)," "no,""mommy," "daddy," and "all done." We didn't do mommy or daddy with Beth, she actually learned those and "help" when she was much older, after she could already talk. I was thinking of creating a sign for "Beth" but I'm not sure if that's the proper way to do it. He's got awhile before he's using all those signs anyhow, hopefully he'll use"more" in the right context first! One cute thing he does that does seem to be intentional is to pray with us. At mealtime, as we pray grace, he honestly seems to stop and put his hands together. He is big into mimicking what we do, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was trying to pray with us!
We've noticed he has small reactions to bug bite on his head, only where his hair should be. They form a huge welt, so big you can see it bulge out of his little head, for about 24 hours. He did this a month ago, and then a couple of nights ago he got three bites- two on his forehead and one above his ear (where his hair is growing in). The two on his forehead are fine, they just look like bug bites, but the one on his hair got very swollen. I don't know if this is indicative of anything but it's something we have to keep an eye on. Unfortunately, both times its happened, I don't know what sort of bite he had!
Sleep. He's been doing pretty well, I haven't said anything for fear of jinxing it! He's slept all night for a few nights now, off and on. Most nights he'll go from 7:00 to 4:00, I'll nurse him, then he'll go for another 2-3 hours. When he wakes up, we hear him on the monitor just whimper for 10 seconds or so, then he puts himself back to sleep. We used a home-designed method to help him fall asleep, I'll describe it in another post. It seems to have worked very well for him!
I think this age is my favorite baby age. There is so much he's doing, so many new things to discover, so many smiles and laughs that it's just so rewarding!
Wednesday, August 26
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
He is a cutie...who is on the move! You will get plenty of exercise just chasing after this little guy.
Post a Comment