Thursday, August 13

In all fairness

Today I took Beth and Luke to a local restaurant that has a sandbox and toys for the kids, we met a friend that I hadn't seen since college! Anyways, Beth had a blast- she played practically 2 hours all by herself in the sandbox! I told Ryan that whatever it would cost to build a sandbox like that, with those exact toys, would be totally worth it. It was a lovely day since it was overcast and there was a storm blowing in, so it was nice and windy.

While Beth manages to ask "why" all day long, I am mostly patient and try to answer her questions. I just wasn't ready for it- I really thought this happened when they were a little older! Anyways, it's an opportunity for us to learn. None of her questions are too deep yet; "Why does daddy go to work?" or "Why is Luke hungry?" are typical. Her speaking is so clear though, but I'm still surprised that the everyone else seems to understand her just about as well as I do!

Her dancing skills improve daily and being a ballerina is usually a top priority for the day. When she gets bored, she asks me, "What can we do next?" In a day, she usually draws, reads, dances, plays with her dolls, interacts with Luke, and helps me with chores. She is a big help- really! She loves to vacuum and use the swiffer wet jet. Yesterday she helped me dust and clean the windows. When I do laundry she helps me sort and put the clothes in the washing machine. She is such a little domestic cutie.

Ryan and I are considering putting her in a little soccer program in September called Soccer Tots. I really want her to do something, and while I like the idea of Little Gym it's just a lot of money! I think we'll try this because it's an 8-week program, so not a huge commitment, plus Ryan is just anxious to get Beth on a field kicking a soccer ball! If this goes well, maybe she could start ballet in the spring!

PS- suddenly my computer and camera are feuding and I can't get my pictures on to the computer. Sorry! Hopefully they can make up and be friends again and then you can see pics of my cute kids! I have some good ones!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

PS- suddenly my computer and camera are feuding and I can't get my pictures on to the computer. Sorry! Hopefully they can make up and be friends again and then you can see pics of my cute kids! I have some good ones!

WHY?

Ha! I would suggest you download your drivers again for your camera. Aunt Mel

 
site design by designer blogs