Sunday, August 22

Birthday Weekend

Happy birthday Ryan! Thursday was Ryan's BIG 30TH BIRTHDAY. We had a small family gathering on Thursday night for him when he got home from work, complete with grilled ribs and fudge instead of a cake (at his request). Beth and Luke made him some homemade birthday cards, and I took pictures of him with my new camera- sort of his birthday present too!

home from work, time to party!

playing outside while daddy grilled the ribs

yummy!


Saturday was the big party! We had a good crowd! A friend Tam showed up first with a gift that became the hit of the party- a giant, red gummy bear. And I mean giant.

ryan, tam, and the nearly life-sized gummy bear

We grilled burgers, had some drinks, let the kids run wild and free with their snow cones, and ended the evening with several games of "cocktail party." We all sang happy birthday to Ryan and it might have been the loudest, most obnoxious rendition of "happy birthday" ever sung, but it was totally awesome! I think 14 kids (more or less) sang at the top of their lungs! Ryan was flattered!

beth and her party pig tails

josh, they saved you a seat!

me and my mommy. yes, i'm really that pale.

pawpaw and mawmaw with jack jack

after singing happy birthday, luke had already gone to bed!

We had a nice Sunday morning brunch before my family had to hit the road, but before they left Ryan and I were able to sneak off to mass with Jack and sit in the second pew. (Good grief, going somewhere with only one child is so easy! What did I ever think was so hard?!) We all had naps to recover from a long weekend, and spent the rest of the day trying to get the house back in order. Tomorrow is my 28th birthday! No big plans for me, in fact I'm not sure of any plans at all! Anyone want to take me out to lunch tomorrow?! ;-)

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm sorry we missed all the fun and frivolity! Looks and sounds like it was a blast. I just have to know: did he actually gnaw on that gummy bear?!?!

The Zajicek's said...

What a fun day!! I'm sad we couldn't be there too! I'm glad it was a fun day for Ryan!

Happy Birthday to you too! Hope you had a great day yesterday! God bless!

 
site design by designer blogs