Throughout the course of my day I have at least 5 times when I think, "Oh, I should blog about that!" Then at the end of the day I sit down to my computer, open a new blog post, and my mind goes blank. Quite literally, sometimes I try to think and I just see nothing. It's rather sad, but part of the territory of motherhood, I think!
I'll blog about a few random things right now...
Today I had a 6-week checkup with my midwife, my last one. We weighed Jack, he was 13 lbs 11 oz, which puts him around the 95th percent for weight. If he takes after Beth and Luke, it won't last! He still has thin little chicken legs to me, but also a big belly and some big squishy cheeks that I could kiss on all day! I was deemed healthy, though I have 12 lbs to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm not so concerned about the number on the scale (we don't even own a scale), I just want to fit back into my old clothes so I don't have to buy new (two sizes bigger) clothes. I try to go walking in the evenings after the two older ones go down, and tonight I actually ran a mile without wanting to die! It felt pretty good. I'm not sure I want to run another 10k, but maybe a 5k in the fall would give me some motivation to get moving.
The second question people ask when they meet Jack (the first is "How much does he weigh?!") is "How is he sleeping?" I'd say he's sleeping rather well! He isn't really going to bed at a consistent time but he usually wakes up at 12, 3:30, and 6:30, nurses and falls right back asleep. We're cosleeping with Jack (as we did with Beth and Luke) so it's really only a minor disturbance for me to latch him on before we both drift back to sleep together. Occasionally he'll wake up and coo for an hour, but that's not the case usually. He's made it a relatively easy transition to having three children so far, but I'm not naive enough to think that it's going to last!
Beth seems to be on the upside of the "transitional threes." She's constantly a little mommy with both Jack and Luke, and as I understand it I was the same way as a child... It's mostly a good thing though, she's extremely helpful to me! I'm learning new parenting skills with Luke, especially when we go on outings and he hits or shoves other kids. I don't want him to be "that kid," and redirection doesn't work as well with him as it did with Beth. But today we went to Sam's today after my midwife appointment and we had a successful trip. Jack napped in my wrap and I entertained Beth and Luke can be bribed to behave well with some peanut butter crackers. I'm learning. :-)
Tuesday, August 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment