Friday, August 6

Diapers


Both the boys are in cloth diapers now, mostly full time. I don't have enough for Jack to be in cloth full time between washes, mostly because he's grown so quickly I realized I shouldn't buy more. I used prefolds and fitted diapers on Luke when he was a newborn, and saved everything for a future baby, but this time I didn't want to use prefolds. I sold a bunch of Luke's stuff and splurged on some (used) Bum Genius diapers, an all-in-one style that doesn't require any work of me. I loooove them. He's already growing out of the smalls so I'm going to have to decide if I want to sell of all my medium diapers to fund a complete stash of new ones for Jack.

Luke is still in his Nana's Bottoms full time, more diapers I love for the price. When we moved into our house, it took me about a month to get him back in his cloth diapers (for a variety of reasons), and I felt so amazingly wasteful during that time! I was really relieved to switch back to cloth. There are some days I think he is ready to potty train! Every day he tells me multiple times "tinkle" or "poopy" and points. He wants to sit on the potty a lot too, but only actually gone once. I'm debating giving it a full-hearted effort, to see if we can train him. I'm probably crazy, since he's not even two years old, but given the fact that he's giving me so many signs and that cloth-diapered babies usually train earlier, I think it'd be pretty neat to get him out of diapers! But, I'd rather quit diapers cold-turkey like we did with Beth, and I just have a hard time imagining Luke in undies!

Beth is still wearing diapers for night time, so at one diaper a day it's not such a huge waste of money. I don't think I'm going to try to night-train her anytime soon, friends have told me it just happens, and that there's not necessarily anything I can do. I've told her before that if she wakes up and needs to go potty that she should get up, but to my knowledge it hasn't happened yet!

1 comment:

Nora said...

Let me know what you are going to sell :-)

 
site design by designer blogs