We're back to our weekend projects! This one was sort of necessary though- our mailbox fell off its pole, and our mail lady was leaving threatening notes on our mail! So we had to get a new mailbox, and we decided to replace the whole pole since the old one was ugly.
We are also finally wrapping up our "H" week that we started...umm...before Jack was born? Needless to say, we've had a break from our schooling! I'm feeling anxious and ready to get back into a routine, so we finished up "H" with hanging our hummingbird feeder! Beth and Luke helped me mix the nectar by pouring sugar and water in the pot so I could boil it, then we went outside to hang it up together on Friday. I saw a hummingbird this morning! So far we've only seen that one, but hopefully they'll discover the feeder and then we can move it closer to the house.
My plan of attack, starting in a couple of weeks, is that we'll start "school" again two or three days a week, visit either the library or the Children's Museum once a week, designate a couple of chore days, and we'll try to accomplish an act of charity at least once a week. I have a list of ideas and I'll let Beth pick what she wants to do that week- baking treats for our local firefighters or police, giving away a toy or food to someone in need, visiting the elderly, praying for the sick, etc. I want to instill in my children a sense of gratefulness and servitude!
On a similar train of thought, Ryan and I cleaned out our play room today. We have too many toys. We got rid of a few things and put a big chunk of the toys in a box so we can rotate them every month or so. We did this while Beth and Luke were napping, and they didn't notice anything was missing this afternoon! I'd like to get back to the day when I wanted very few, high-quality toys, where everything has a place and everything is played with then put away. Our books are not respected, and puzzle pieces are ruined. Definitely an indication that there's just too much.
I also had to put away a big chunk of Jack's clothing today, this is the second time! It's odd how every brand of clothing fits Jack differently- Gerber onesies are particularly small, Jack's already in 6-9 months! Most of what fits him is at least size 3 months, but those are getting tight. I hardly have anything for him to wear because everything I had for Luke at this age has long sleeves and long pants, and it's definitely too hot to put him in those outfits. I have an appointment with my midwife on Tuesday for my 6-week checkup, so we'll weigh Jack then to see just how big this boy is!


On a similar train of thought, Ryan and I cleaned out our play room today. We have too many toys. We got rid of a few things and put a big chunk of the toys in a box so we can rotate them every month or so. We did this while Beth and Luke were napping, and they didn't notice anything was missing this afternoon! I'd like to get back to the day when I wanted very few, high-quality toys, where everything has a place and everything is played with then put away. Our books are not respected, and puzzle pieces are ruined. Definitely an indication that there's just too much.
I also had to put away a big chunk of Jack's clothing today, this is the second time! It's odd how every brand of clothing fits Jack differently- Gerber onesies are particularly small, Jack's already in 6-9 months! Most of what fits him is at least size 3 months, but those are getting tight. I hardly have anything for him to wear because everything I had for Luke at this age has long sleeves and long pants, and it's definitely too hot to put him in those outfits. I have an appointment with my midwife on Tuesday for my 6-week checkup, so we'll weigh Jack then to see just how big this boy is!
i'm not sure what's going on here, but they seemed to be having fun!

2 comments:
Love the pictures and the project! We need to change out our mailbox. Some naughty neighbors blew up fireworks in it a couple years ago when we were out of town. >:( They have since moved away (thankfully!) but we've been dealing with a rusty beat-up thing since then.
Yea! I love the hummingbird feeder ;) you are amazing to keep up with the blog so well!
Post a Comment