Tuesday, August 17

Our Morning

The boys had well-baby checkups today, Jack for his 2-month and Luke for his 18-month. I was only a few months late for that one, ha! Jack is 14 lbs 2 oz and nearly 25 inches long, 95% for both. Luke is 25 lbs 15 oz (25-50%) and 34.75 inches (75-90%). I think Luke had his best doctor appointment yet, he didn't hit any nurses this time and he actually let the doctor look into his ears and mouth! He did manage to give himself a huge blood blister on his toe by opening the door on his bare foot though, it looks horrible. Luke got a single shot today and Jack didn't get anything, we're planning on delaying his schedule just like we did with Beth and Luke.

I planned to go to Wal-Mart with the kids right after the doctor appointment, but for some reason we weren't seen until nearly 45 minutes until after our appointment time, despite the fact that we were there 5 minutes early for our 8 am appointment- the very first appointment for the day. I heard our pediatrician go into two other appointment rooms before ours and was really annoyed. I didn't ask why we weren't seen when we should have been (I made the appointment early so that we could be in and out of there, and trust me it wasn't easy getting there at 7:55 am!) because I was too frustrated, I can only imagine it was for a kid who was really sick and needed to be "squeezed in." Still, I've had it with this office and I'm switching!

Okay, back from my tangent now. I planned to go to Wal-Mart but since we were there so long I made a detour at a donut shop for the kids since they behaved pretty well at the doctor office, all things considered. Jack was screaming in his car seat and needed to be nursed, so this seemed like a decent solution. Beth and Luke enjoyed their donuts (pink with sprinkles for Beth, plain glazed for Luke) while Jack nursed. Luke was nearly done when he hopped off his chair and sprinted for the donut case, and before I could catch him he ducked behind the case and grabbed an apple fritter! So, I bought an apple fritter (but didn't eat it because I am trying, in vain, to lose weight).

Everyone with a full belly, we headed to Wal-Mart. I was prepared with two baggies of cheerios and two water bottles, so Beth and Luke snacked (and left a cheerio trail) while we shopped. I just needed a few things so it was a quick trip, but drama ensued while a nice man in the bread aisle was trying to explain to me that the color of the twisty ties on the bread indicated the day it was baked. I noticed my foot was getting wet and quickly figured out that Jack's diaper was leaking through my sling and dripping onto the floor and my foot. I'm so happy it was just pee. We got out of there pretty fast, though it took me about 10 minutes to unload the kids, change Jack's diaper, unload the groceries, buckle everyone in, and take off my wet shirt (I had a nursing shirt on underneath, luckily). I needed a nap when we got home, but it was only 11:15 and we had a long afternoon ahead of us...

This blog had the potential to be cute and funny, but I'm too tired to try to make it humorous. Overall, I thought my children did pretty well at the stores, but the comments from people about having my hands full and the dirty look from a woman in the consignment shop (oh yeah, I forgot to mention I stopped by a consignment store too...) just really wears me out. It's tiring and frustrating sometimes but I wouldn't trade my life for anything.

2 comments:

The Zajicek's said...

oh goodness girl, what a morning indeed! I would be pretty annoyed at the doctor too - especially when you made a point to be there early!

Lauren said...

mmmm... donuts...

 
site design by designer blogs