Luke's never been extremely interested in books, probably because I just don't read to him quite as much as I should. He used to not sit still long enough to even get through a few short pages! Lately he's becoming much more interested in books, and he especially loves the board books we've recently checked out from the library. The one he's reading is Yummy Yucky, by Leslie Patricelli. She has a series of books that are perfect for Luke's age-Baby Happy Baby Sad, Yes Yes No No, Quiet Loud, Binky are the ones we've checked out. I think I'll try to buy some to add to our book collection!
every man needs a pink tutu and a cape in order to properly use the weed eater
This week he's also been running around the house with the kid broom pretending it's a weed eater. He mimes pulling the cord to turn it on, then starts the sound effects while running around the house edging all of our walls. His beloved "mow mow" has bit the dust- the balls stopped popping when he pushed it so Luke spent more time crying over the fact that it was broken than actually enjoying it, so it mysteriously disappeared... Hmm... But he's taken to pushing the little fire truck toy that we have in place of the lawn mower. He also pretends to pull the cord before he starts in with the sound effects. It's so cute!


Jack was six weeks old yesterday! He's been actually enjoying a little bit of tummy time, propped up on Beth's old boppy pillow. I've always thought the boy has astounding neck control, maybe that's why he'll actually tolerate tummy time. He's sort of an odd baby to me sometimes, I think he actually enjoys spending time in his swing or rocker instead of having me hold him all the time. (As a side note, we bought this rocker for Jack and it's my new absolute must-have for a baby. It tilts back and vibrates, that's where Jack takes most of his naps! I love it!) Today he was fussing at me while I was holding him- we'd just nursed and burped, he had a clean diaper, he wasn't tired and wasn't happy with me walking him around. Desperate, I put him in the swing, and he quieted right down and sat in there for 30 minutes, gazing at the mobile. I'm going to dare to say that there have been one or two days when I feel like I don't hold him enough! At any rate, I'm going to enjoy it because everything's a phase, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment