Monday, November 1

Dress Up




Saturday we attended the annual All Saint's Party with our homeschool group. I had big plans for the kids but, after some serious procrastination on my part, it didn't happen! I was lucky that Target had a few costumes left! Beth dressed as St. Clotilde and Luke as St. George. Beth was only wanted to play a few games, whereas Luke was only interested in the assortment of new-to-him toys that he could play with. We went on a hay ride around their beautiful property, ate some of the potluck dinner (yes, Beth had a gluten-free meal and even a homemade cake!), and made some new friends.


The next day was Halloween, and we carved our pumpkin an "decorated" the porch. The quotes are used because the word should be used lightly- I raked a bunch of leaves and threw them on the porch with our assorted fun pumpkins I bought from a man selling pumpkins on the side of the road! Jack and I stayed home while Ryan took Beth and Luke to a few houses for trick-or-treating. They were beyond excited to get home and eat candy right before bed!



please ignore my goofy grin and pay attention to luke's face. it's his "get the h-e-c-k away from my candy!" face!

and finally, my artsy/halloween-y type picture I took while at the ranch.

3 comments:

moma schmerb said...

LOVE the costumes! see, sometimes good things do come to those who procrastinate...... (was mommy trying to "free" some chocolate from Luke's haul?) :D.....mommy privilege!

Love Mr. Jack, he was your own personal pumpkin!.........LOVE the artsy picture!

The Zajicek's said...

What fun costumes! I may need to borrow those one day because I can't sew at all. :P

Glad you guys had fun trick or treating and carving pumpkins!

Grandma c said...

Looks like everyone had a fun weekend...even Sir Jack. Just look at him sitting up and enjoying the fall day!

 
site design by designer blogs