Sunday, November 21

Goodbye swing

I'm pretty sure it's time to put away Jack's swing. I'm not sure what the weight limit is, but give the fact that he's trying to sit up makes it feel a little less safe! (And yes, that's an outfit Luke was wearing this time last year! Size 12 months!)


We're going to be doing a car seat switcharoo coming up soon. Jack is going to move into Beth's car seat (we'll be buying him a new manly cover!) and Beth will be getting a Graco Nautilus, most likely. This seat comes highly recommended by car seat technician friends and will take her to a backless booster 100 lbs. Can you imagine Beth weighing 100 lbs in 6 years? I can't.

We're also going to be bringing out the high chair soon! I can't even believe it. We're not planning on feeding him solids anytime soon, but I think it'll be nice to have the high chair in the kitchen for him to sit up in and play while we eat. He reaches for everything now so holding him while eating is becoming more of a game for him. It's not so much fun for the ravished parent. ;-)

I've recently read a study about introducing wheat to babies who have celiac disease in their family, and studies suggest the best time to introduce wheat is between 5-7 months. We didn't start Beth and Luke on solids until about 7 months, but we might start Jack on cream of wheat just a little earlier.

Putting up the swing means we're bringing out this... Big brother likes it more than little brother at this point!

1 comment:

grandma c said...

SO darn cute!!

 
site design by designer blogs