Wednesday, October 15

Prayer requests

I've been meaning to do this for a long time, I'm glad I remembered before it's too late!

I would like to offer my labor pains for the prayer requests of friends, family, and even total strangers. If you're not familiar with the idea of "offering it up" I'll try to explain it (I think I've tried before-possibly unsuccessfully- here on my blog). "Redemptive suffering" is our reaction- our choice by our gift of free will- to suffering. Should I say a curse word, mumble under my breath, or stare down that awful driver- or should I offer my displeasure to God for a specific intention? Instead of suffering without reason, it's taking something painful and turning it into something positive. It means offering our sufferings up to God as a sacrifice.

For me, I think it would give meaning to my labor to be able to offer up prayers for my friends and family. Of course I have my own personal list- but since Beth's labor was a couple of days long, I'm anticipating needing a longer list of prayer intentions! So if you'd like for me to pray for you and your intentions during my labor, please email me with your list. I'd prefer not to have specific prayer requests in my comments section so that we can keep these private and personal. If you'd rather not share a specific request, just say, "For a personal intention" and that will suffice. God knows the desires of your heart! If you don't have my email address then you can post in my comments section and I will find you somehow!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

We're definitely thinking about you and yours all the time over here. I wish you a speedy delivery!

 
site design by designer blogs