Today we stayed home. All day. It was glorious! I didn't even change out of my pajamas until 3:00, and I didn't feel guilty about it! We had a meeting that we should have gone to this morning, but the drive was long and Beth still isn't 100% up to par- plus we hadn't just stayed home all day in over a week. I can tell it was wearing on her and definitely on me, so we just did things around our house. I actually got a lot done, but I did things slowly so I didn't feel overwhelmed. Of course all day I was thinking about things I need to do or buy- like a bigger diaper pail for their cloth diapers since in a few days we'll be adding a lot to the pile!

"New" toys- I bought this set of "Little People" for Beth at a consignment sale a few weeks ago but just gave it to her yesterday. She loves it! I guess I know what she'll be getting for Christmas now!
I think the baby will be coming soon, not in the next 24 hours or anything but soon. I have been soooo tired and soooo hungry all day today, which I'm taking as my body gearing up for labor. I have also had the oddest pains that I don't recall having with Beth- they're harder than braxton hicks contractions but definitely not the real thing. I figure since my body has done this one time, things are just going to go a little differently (hopefully "differently" means "quicker").
I'll keep updating my blog! I can't guarantee I'll be calling everyone the day of/after delivery, but please feel free to call me after I update with the big news!
5 comments:
So glad you had a nice restful day at home! You needed it! Let me know if you need anything...and if you are in a bind during labor, I'm on the way--don't hesitate to call!!!
So exciting that Luke will be here soon! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Steph, please be careful! So many women have second labors that are nothing like the first one...I think we've ALL known someone who was sure she wasn't in labor, just feeling "funny pains" for awhile...and the next thing you know, Dad is freaking out, getting instructions from the 9-1-1 operator on how to tie of the cord with a shoelace... ;)
Seriously, though- if you feel in any way weird or "off" or markedly different...just have the midwife check you- it's what she is there for!
I'm so glad you had a beautiful, spiritually fulfilling shower and a nice restful day off- but I am worried about you, and will not be at ALL surprised if he really IS here within the next "24 hours"...
Sit with your back flat against the headboard of your bed, and put a pillow on your lap, then draw your knees up to as close to your chin as you can get them (with as skinny as you are everywhere non-belly, I'd bet you can touch your knees to your chin even now) and hold it for a bit...it will gently urge that posterior little punk to turn if he hasn't already!
Love,
Liz
PS- That sling? Dar-ling. You are so sensitive to Beth's needs- knowing she definitely WILL be a 'mommy mimic', even at this time when you have every right to be self-involved...you are a totally inspiring mommy.
Stephanie, those pictures are so precious. I love the last one, of her at a distance with her sling on, playing, with the doggie in the background.
I'm really excited for you! I can't wait to hear your news. Don't worry; even if Luke stays posterior, he could still turn during labor. Have you been on your hands and knees a lot around home to encourage him to turn? You can do the back-arching excerize in that position--some people call it cat something or other--and it might help.
Woot! You're so close now!
Well, in your free time this week... hehe... could you please come show me how to make that sling? it is so cute. i would love to make lizzy one, she's obsessed with babies!
Post a Comment