In the past week, Beth has started two new things that really signify to me that she's "growing up"- she can open doors now and she's attempting to climb out and in of her crib. I never thought she's be one of those kids who tries to climb out of her crib, but sure enough I've seen her do it (and almost succeed) twice. Luckily both times were when I was in the room and she insisted on playing in her crib, and instead of asking me to pick her up she just decided she'd let herself out. She had *both* legs up on the top rail, sort of horizontally suspended between the top bars. I don't like to think about what would have happened if she fell out, but we're keeping her in her crib for now because this isn't something she does when she wakes up from a nap. She's really lazy when she wakes up in the mornings or from a nap- usually I let her wake up for 5-10 minutes before going to get her (she's actually happier that way!) but when I go in she's still laying down, playing with her blanket and Pooh bear. Once I walk in there and see her trying to climb out, then we'll talk about moving the toddler bed in there. We scored a free toddler bed on Freecycle and it's been sitting in our garage- we weren't planning on moving it inside until Luke is about 4 months and Beth is about 26 months. But if she's going to start these stunts then it's better to do it sooner than later I'd think. I'm not looking forward to her having that sort of freedom though! Ack! In the past week she's also mastered the art of opening doors. She's so proud of herself! I didn't realize what a huge deal this would be! I bought some little child-door things a few months ago when I found them on sale, but now that I've had to install them I don't think I have enough! I didn't consider that I'd have to do the pantry and laundry room also- two of her favorite places! I have them on the guest/computer room, bathroom, laundry room and pantry since those are the potentially dangerous rooms. Hopefully she won't learn how to get those open for a few more years!
Tonight we had one of our parish priests join us for dinner. He will be doing Luke's baptism so we wanted to talk a little about that as well as just let him know we appreciate his work around the church! He blessed our new car (maybe a little too late as I *already* have a crack in the windshield thanks to a stray rock on the highway!) and we were able to eat in peace since Beth had already gone to bed!
Quick prayer request: tomorrow my friend Emily is being induced into labor! Please pray for her and her family as they welcome their first son!
I can't believe she's climbing her crib! Kaylee climbs, but not that. She's just not tall enough yet. I dread the day we convert her crib into a toddler bed.
That said - I love the pics because she's looking back at you like "see what I can do"
I still remember the night......after I had laid you in your crib, ( and thought you were asleep), and daddy and I were wathcing tv........you walked into the room .........I think you were about Beth's age.....I bet she eventually will catch lizards too! She is a BIG girl....she is accomplishing SO many things!
I'm restless. Aching for God. I'm getting better at sitting still for awhile, but my mind is constantly moving, seeking God's will, and yearning for completeness in Him. I succeed and fail every day, but in His infinite goodness He still loves me. And He loves you too! Only in Him will we find our peace.
3 comments:
She is such a show-off...what a ham!
I can't believe she's climbing her crib! Kaylee climbs, but not that. She's just not tall enough yet. I dread the day we convert her crib into a toddler bed.
That said - I love the pics because she's looking back at you like "see what I can do"
I still remember the night......after I had laid you in your crib, ( and thought you were asleep), and daddy and I were wathcing tv........you walked into the room .........I think you were about Beth's age.....I bet she eventually will catch lizards too!
She is a BIG girl....she is accomplishing SO many things!
Post a Comment