Thursday, September 25

Incredibly busy day

Today was incredibly busy for us! I am so worn out!

Beth woke up at 8:00 (thankfully, those mornings are blessed) and we got started by eating, dressing, and heading to the orthodontist. Beth behaved herself pretty well, luckily it was a short appointment. After that we went to the grocery store to pick up a few items for dinner, then we came home and had lunch with Ryan. I spent the latter half of lunch prepping for an interview while Ryan put Beth down for her nap. While she was sleeping, I called to conduct the interview and wrote my article, and wouldn't you know the second I type the last period little miss Beth wakes up from her nap. So I went to get her and we played for a few minutes before she asked for her routine after-nap snack, so I got her set up with her snack and I started cooking dinner at 2:30. I have a friend who recently had a baby but is still without power, so I cooked dinner for her family and her husband stopped by to pick it up on his way home from work. As soon as I finished dinner, Ryan got home and I was able to sit down and put my feet up for a little bit. Ahh, a little piece of heaven. :-)

After dinner Ryan covered himself up and worked out in the yard a bit, getting the last of the big limbs out of our backyard and some more general post-hurricane cleaning. We still haven't had our debris picked up, I'm pretty sure our entire neighborhood is going to have huge dead patches of grass in their front yards! Luckily we already had a dead patch to pile our limbs on, lol. I just finalized my third article (yay!) and now I'm ready to relax!

Darned huge mosquito in my daughter's room! Don't worry, he was mostly dead when I took this picture (and all dead afterward!).




Baby.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love all of your pictures! Beth's hair is so beautiful! Congratulations on the new job, and great timing with Beth!

Anonymous said...

What incredible pictures! The last one is a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Nice pics, Beth is getting so big. Was she the one who killed the Mosquito? The belly pic is awesome, looks like you are blowing a big piece of bubble gum :-)

Mike Z

 
site design by designer blogs