I'm here to report that we both survived our morning apart with my meeting up at church. My meeting started at 9:30 so I showed up at 9:10 to drop her off at the nursery. There was one other kid in there and two nursery workers, so the numbers were in our favor (Beth tends to get overwhelmed when we walk into a room with a zillion kids). I took her straight to the play kitchen (always her favorite!) and we started playing, all the new toys were really exciting to her! After a few minutes I asked one of the workers to come over and play with us, then a few minutes after that I told her I was going bye bye but would be back very soon. She didn't really want me to leave so I waited around until she became involved in play again with the worker then snuck out. They said she didn't even realize I had left! They called me about halfway through my meeting to come change her diaper so I did that, put her down on the floor and she ran off and didn't look back. At the end of my meeting (2 hours long) I came to get her, she was very happy to see me and ready to leave and didn't fuss at all. We picked up for a minute then left!
So overall I would say very successful. It was incredibly nice for me to be able to give 100% of my attention to my meeting, though I know that will change again in a few short weeks! I was so worried about leaving her but she did just fine. I'm trying to see a lesson in this- that my girl is growing up or that maybe I don't give her enough credit where credit is due. She constantly surprises me with her understanding of the way the world works. I'll tell you what, I rocked her a little longer before her nap today. Because soon that will change too- she'll be my only baby for just a few more weeks. And I have to admit, that makes me a little sad because I love her so incredibly much and I can't imagine having to share my time with another kid (I'm sure she's thinking the same thing!). I know I'll fall in love with Luke the same way I fell in love with Beth as I held her for the first time after she was born, but in the mean time everything is still so abstract. I can't wait to meet this little guy but I'm also anxious to see how it will change my relationship with Beth.
Tuesday, September 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment