I can't believe it! Cliche, I know, but this year has absolutely flown by! We had such a fun day today- everything was all new again it seemed! I kept thinking of how quickly time has passed and it reminded me that I need to SLOW DOWN every now and then and just watch her be a baby! So that's what I did today- well, on top of other things of course. :-) I rocked her to sleep for a nap, and really enjoyed it- took the time to smell her head and take a photograph with my mind, because I know soon she won't want to snuggle with mommy. I watched her play with her books and talk to herself- in her own little world. I know the cogs in her brain are turning... She knows now that shoes go on feet- when I take her shoes off she grabs them and tries to put them on her toes. Even the fact that she's being super-duper clingy right now isn't so awful, because I know that this too is a phase that'll pass. It was so refreshing to me, as a mom, to just realize that my baby girl is only going to be so little for a short period of time, and I really need to enjoy every.little.part of it!
Today we had both sets of grandparents and my siblings over for pizza and cake. It was a small party but oh so wonderful! Beth enjoyed it so much! Of course we let her dig into the cake- her very first taste of chocolate and boy is she her mother's daughter! She really enjoyed smearing the icing everywhere! For her birthday she received some nice clothes, a baby grand piano which she loves, and a baby doll that she adores! I didn't realize that the love for babies is innate in kids- she has loved baby dolls for about a month now so it was time to have one of her own. It was so funny- she was trying to play the piano AND hold the baby at the same time! It wound up that the baby was thrown on top of the keyboard while Beth had his hand in her mouth so she could still press the keys. Yes, the baby is a boy doll (they were out of girls!) which means he's dressed in blue instead of pink. I don't think Beth minds!!!
We'll have another party on Saturday with friends and more family. I have a feeling this one is going to be crazy... I'm not sure we'll be able to fit everyone in the house!




This is a funny pic of Beth- eating the baby over the piano. That was pretty much how it went!

5 comments:
It looks like Beth really enjoyed her birthday....and I'm sure she'll enjoy it again on Saturday. We can't wait to see her dig into her birthday cake again!
Happy birthday Beth!!!
Happy First Birthday, Beth! Looks like she had a wonderful day!
Happy happy birthday Beth!
HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY BETH!! Great pics of her digging into the cake! Can't wait to see u guys :o)
Happy Birthday, Beth! Did your mama and daddy sing Happy Birthday to you this morning? We enjoyed watching you turn one on your birthday. We remember the day you were born! And now...one year later, you are walking and talking and eating chocolate cake! Grandpa thinks the "chocolate thing" comes from his side of the family. :)
Post a Comment