Friday, December 28

Our Christmas

I know Christmas came before Beth's birthday, but I didn't have time to update before then so my posts are a little out of order. :-)

We had a wonderful but very busy Christmas! We traveled to see my parents and family, met up with some long-lost but much beloved out-of-state friends, then to see Ryan's parents and family, then drove back to our house on Christmas morning to attend Mass at our parish, opened presents with our little family, then had dinner with my extended family at my grandparent's house! All this within 7 days! Beth was a trooper though, she loves visiting everyone. She had so much fun playing with my younger brothers (who are 7 and 5- just the right age to act completely goofy around Beth) and of course she loves seeing all of her grandparents!

Ryan and I also had a great time relaxing and hanging out with the fam. We both played a Wii for the first time, that was semi-addicting. He's better at baseball than I am, but I totally kicked booty at the coconut-dropping thing!

She got some great presents that she'll enjoy for the next few years- a Red Flyer Rocking Horse, a baby lawn mower, a stroller for her new doll and lots of clothes! I think Ryan's favorite gift this year was a Dirk Nowitski bobble head (to be proudly displayed at work!)and I've got lots of cookbooks to dig into! Also, Ryan got me a beautiful statue of Our Lady of Lourdes for our front yard. We've been looking lots of places for a Marian statue and I couldn't be happier with the one he found for me. :-)
A good girl in the car!

She played lots of piano while on vacation!

She went crazy over the lawn mower!

Coal or candy?

After Christmas day mass. Don't be fooled- she was awake for all of mass until the last 5 minutes!
Beth and Mary having a chat.
My beautiful house. I will be sad to take the decorations down after Epiphany!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful first year for Beth and her family...us included!
(Those front two teeth are too precious.) We think there is a whole lot of love surrounding this kid! By the way, we enjoyed Beth's first Birthday Party. There were a lot of people there that love her!

 
site design by designer blogs