We like to begin to decorate our house once Advent begins, so today we decorated. :-) Actually yesterday we put up lights on our house but haven't been able to light them yet since we don't own an extension cord (how embarassing!) We also went to pick out our tree from a local Christmas tree farm- the same place we cut our tree last year. We wandered the fields a little bit looking for the perfect tree and once we found it, cut it down and strapped it on top of my little 4-door car. It made it home!!! I was very worried about this since in past years we've taken Ryan's truck. But it made it! We had to rearrange the furniture in our living room to make the tree fit! But everything looks nice.
Today we went to mass and Beth slept almost the entire time! What a blessing to be able to sit still again and listen to a homily without having to worry about Beth! Later this afternoon we pulled out the Christmas boxes, turned on the Christmas music and decorated our little house. :-) Beth was a little cranky so I didn't get many photos of her! She was intrigued not so much with the tree in the living room but with the red and white lights on the tree. Of course, there are no ornaments on the lower 2 feet of the tree- but alas, such is life with a walker!
We also purchased an Advent wreath this year- this will be our first time to do this on (hopefully!) a nightly basis. Tonight we said a prayer and lit the first purple candle. :-)
Not everything is done yet but it's feeling very festive around here. I love the Advent season! Last year I was able to join Mary in the anticipation of Jesus' actual birth; this year I think I'll focus on something else!
Going to get us a tree!
How about this one, dad?

She was pointing at a mama and her two baby goats! Beth was so excited!
Exciting lights!

1 comment:
How cute! Sounds like yall had a fun and festive weekend with all the decorating! We wished we could be there to pick out a Christmas tree with yall! We're still trying to figure out which places up here actually sell trees!
Happy Advent!
Post a Comment