Today has been a perfect day! To begin with, Beth only woke up ONE time last night- at 11 pm (before I went to sleep) so I brought her to bed and she and I fell asleep together and woke up together at 7:15. I think this is the longest I've slept in over a year! She woke up so incredibly happy and I was refreshed. A very nice way to begin the day!
We ate breakfast, cleaned up a bit, got dressed and went grocery shopping. Then the rest of the morning/day was spent cleaning the house since we still had things to do leftover from the party on Saturday. Speaking of, I feel so blessed that we have such wonderful friends! I've been smiling all day because I'm reminded of the numerous people that care for Bethany. While we missed some people at the party, we had a wonderful time catching up with old friends and watching Beth devour an entire vanilla cupcake!
Today I've just felt very at peace. Nothing amazing has happened- I've just been doing my vocational duties of taking care of baby and house. But everything has happened with joy- and it's much MUCH easier to be joyful when you and baby have a full night of sleep!
Monday, December 31
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment