Not much going on around here because we've got a busy week! Today I had a meeting at a neighboring church so we had to travel over there and Beth was a good girl and slept there and back. :-) After the meeting we went to the dollar store to find some goodies for her party- plates, napkins, cups... Wouldn't you know they're all out of pink? I bought some Christmas wrapping paper and called it a day. After that we went to Hobby Lobby and had an odd experience. We were in the cake decorating aisle- I was looking at stuff and Beth was walking (ahem, pulling things off the shelves) when this woman walked by, stopped and came back and started gushing about how beautiful Beth is! I am completely fine with people telling me I have a beautiful baby, don't get me wrong, but she went on and on to the point that it was uncomfortable! As she kept talking, Beth grabbed my leg and sunk down onto the floor while staring at her, and the woman said, "Oh you should see this face she's giving me! She's so beautiful, can I take a picture of her on my cell phone? Or could you email me a picture?" I said no, thanks, I'd rather not but on the inside I was thinking "Get away from my baby weirdo!" After that she left. I don't like the idea of strangers taking photos of my baby! A similar thing happened at the Planned Parenthood clinic when we went to protest, but they were taking pictures of us on the sidewalk as "proof" that we were blocking the walkway (which we weren't!). Anyways, from that I know that photographing your child without your consent is illegal. Not that this woman wanted to do anything illegal, but you just never know!
The rest of this week we have three more meetings and two lunch dates! On top of that I'm trying to finalize birthday party plans- food especially. We're considering moving the party to an outdoor pavilion if it's a nice day, so be on the lookout for that change!
Monday, December 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh my! I don't blame you - that is a bit creepy about the lady at the store!
Glad to hear things are going well! I can't believe little Beth is about to be 1!!!!
Post a Comment