Monday, May 31

Our Memorial Day

I need to get back on my game. I have a lot to catch up on from this past week! But I'll start with today...

This morning we decided to go to the local blueberry farm, and by the time we arrived it was already 10 am. Too hot! Ryan did most of the picking while I sat in the shade and kept the kids nearby. I wanted to die, it was so miserably hot. Ryan said it wasn't too bad, so I guess it was just my pregnant body craving A/C! Beth and Luke had a great time though, luckily the kids were both old enough to figure out that they could eat the berries straight off the bushes instead of picking them out of our buckets!


And afterwards a nice, long nap!


We came home, had a quick lunch and put the kids down for nap time. Ryan and I were both exhausted but he had another project he couldn't get out of: fixing his car! Luckily he has a buddy at work that knows how to fix cars, so together they figured out the problem-a leaky radiator- and replaced it! As I'm typing this, I realized I don't think I even blogged about the fact that his car broke down on his way to work on Friday... We thought she was a goner! But nope, hopefully she'll be around for a few more years!


While they were working on the car, I got started on a blueberry crisp. Ryan picked 6 lbs of blueberries, so I had to make some sort of yummy dessert! It was delicious, thank you Martha Stewart!

For good measure, here's a pic of the garage door opener that Ryan has conquered. The same friend helped him replace it a couple of weeks ago, here's Ryan standing on the unit that started the fight. Ryan went to the hand surgeon on Monday morning, had his pins removed and is all cleared. His finger is still healing, but for the most part the break has been fixed and his fingernail should grow back just fine! Take that, garage door opener!


When the kids woke up from their naps, they went outside to play with Ryan while he was finishing cleaning up the garage. I made them snow cones using the snow cone machine we bought at Target yesterday. I'd been wanting to get one and they loved it. As Ryan fired up the grill, we turned the sprinkler on in the backyard and thought they'd go to town. As it turns out, running through the sprinkler is not innate in our children- Luke stood in the water and cried and Beth looked really confused about what to do. Ryan demonstrated how it was supposed to be fun, but neither of them truly enjoyed it!

Ryan grilled up some fajitas and we had a yummy dinner. He took the kids out to play a little more after dinner while I rested, and they went to sleep relatively easy tonight. Beth's been fighting sleep- and us- this week, and it hasn't been fun at all. The girl who has gone to bed perfectly and easily since 13 months of age is now throwing screaming temper tantrums before bedtime. We avoided that tonight, I suppose she needs a good 6 hours of outdoor playtime every day to help her fall asleep easier!

Luke's hair is getting pretty long. Not long enough to warrant a hair cut yet, but definitely long enough for a mohawk!

We had a really great day today, and I know that Ryan and I are just as exhausted as the kids. Hopefully we'll all sleep soundly tonight!

2 comments:

The Zajicek's said...

haha - hats off to Ryan showing the kids how the fun in the sprinkler works! :) I bet the blueberry farm was a blast - your dessert looks so yum!

mama schmerb said...

We zeroed in on the words "snow cone machine we purchased at Target"......;D

Uncle D&A will show proper running through the sprinkler form when they come to visit.

 
site design by designer blogs