If you're wondering why I've been sort of MIA lately, it's because I took Beth and Luke to visit my parents last weekend to help celebrate my brother's birthday and First Holy Communion. Alex is my godson, and it just happened that we celebrated both events on the same weekend! Pretty convenient (for me!). Ryan was planning on coming with us but instead drove up to be with family and attend his cousin's funeral.
I left my USB cable at my parent's house so I have no pics to post right now, I'll add some more later once I get it back. We had a nice trip- we missed Daddy a lot, but the kids always enjoy playing with their aunt and uncles!
We're home and are back into the swing of things, though it seems we all have small colds. Beth and Luke have very runny noses, and Ryan and I sort of had colds near the end of last week. Nothing big enough worth going to the doctor about though, thankfully!
We have plans this weekend to fix up our guest bedroom; we had a new queen-sized mattress delivered on Tuesday so we actually have a place for guests to sleep now! Oddly, I have no queen-sized bed sheets (Beth has a full and we have a king!) so I need to buy sheets, and Ryan and I hope to organize that closet (which has become a dumping ground for things that we can't seem to find a place for in this house).
I'll be 35 weeks pregnant on Saturday, and so far my nesting instincts haven't really kicked in yet. I've been very relaxed about the pending arrival of this baby, probably a little too relaxed. I mean, we don't even have a name picked out yet! I've pulled out baby boy clothes and have been given a few disposable diapers, but other than that I've done absolutely nothing. This child has no bedroom (why bother?) and only one or two brand-new clothing items. I know where everything I need is- the pack and play, my slings, the swing and bouncy chair, and the car seat. Okay, I'll have to install the car seat at some point since I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who knows how to actually install it into the car. ;-) I think I already have everything I'll need to take care of myself post-partum (everything is leftover from Luke!), and I just can't think of anything else I need to do! I'm amazed at how relaxed I am about this, but I bet some instinct or something will kick in soon and I'll start feeling the need to power wash the house. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Being relaxed, with a 3 1/2 yr old, an 18 mo yr old, and newborn on the way......is NOT a bad thing.
It's your new nesting mode kicked in.....it's call survival mode.
;D
besides, if I know you, you will figure out some way to powerwash something...if you feel it needs it!
Post a Comment