Saturday, May 1

Weekend Update- on Saturday!

We've done so much today I couldn't wait until tomorrow to write this post! We didn't wake up with the intention of getting all of this done today, it just sort of happened. It's made me happy though, because we got a couple of my "big" items crossed off my list... And since I'm really doing the nesting thing right now, that makes a pregnant mama happy. :-) Did I mention I'm 33 weeks today???

Today, we:
1. installed child-proofing into all the cabinets downstairs
2. installed a new shower head in the master bath
3. cut all the knotted cords on our faux wood blinds (see story below for more info!)
4. "built" and installed shelves in Beth and Luke's rooms
5. mowed and edged the grass in the front yard
6. installed shelves in the garage
7. decided on paint colors for the other two bathrooms

We definitely win the prize today for the most productive pregnant woman/broken-fingered man couple!

we started the morning with a reassuring visit that our friend made it through the close encounter with the hawk

luke helped daddy with some yellow plastic pliers

new cabinet locks!

cut cords on all the blinds. the other night with some girlfriends, i heard too many stories of kids getting these cords caught around their necks- it had happened to nearly everyone. ours were all tangled messes anyways, so i cut them short- and won't be knotting them!

beth's new bookshelf (will blog more about this later)

luke's new bookshelves

ryan put up the shelves and finally hung up his neon aggie sign!

3 comments:

The Zajicek's said...

How nice to have such a productive day! Great job!

Emily said...

You guys rock!!
(I swiped your link for a new background, they have some cute ones!)

mama schmerb said...

Amazing what disabled people can do......(i.e. I have no excuse...)
I can "hear" it in your writing and see it on Ryan's face......a job well done, makes for happiness.

yeah, I like your new background too.

 
site design by designer blogs