Tonight was the first time we've seen them in our yard together... I say the rabbit was too big for the hawk to eat but Ryan insists that though they're about the same size, he could definitely eat that bunny. I wasn't ready to see that episode of National Geographic played out in my backyard, so I went to the other room!
Wednesday, April 28
National Geographic
I finally got a picture of our hawk, whom we've named Humphrey, right before he was chased off by some (very) annoying Blue Jays. We also have some new neighbors, apparently two rabbits have moved in to the empty lot next door. We've seen them (at least one) every day for the past week.


Tonight was the first time we've seen them in our yard together... I say the rabbit was too big for the hawk to eat but Ryan insists that though they're about the same size, he could definitely eat that bunny. I wasn't ready to see that episode of National Geographic played out in my backyard, so I went to the other room!
Tonight was the first time we've seen them in our yard together... I say the rabbit was too big for the hawk to eat but Ryan insists that though they're about the same size, he could definitely eat that bunny. I wasn't ready to see that episode of National Geographic played out in my backyard, so I went to the other room!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh wow - that's so neat!
Um, yeah. Hawk + two furry bunnies = carnage, sometime soon.
Why else do you think he's hanging out nearby?
Also, they will steal baby birds from other nests, which is probably why the blue jays were going nutso. I've seen it happen in my trees. The parents scream and then fly after the hawk when it takes what it wants.
The hawk is pretty, though. I'm always in awe of those birds.
Post a Comment