Sunday, April 18

Surgery update

Ryan had his surgery on Friday morning. Everything went well, of course! He spent the most of the rest of the day in recovery in bed, and was feeling back to normal for the most part on Saturday. The kids are being very kind to him, though it seems Beth is a little weirded out/grossed out by the whole thing! Ryan's finishing up an antibiotic and is on some pain meds, but he's going back to work tomorrow so that means it's back to normal around here! Though definitely not under ideal circumstances, it was nice having him around a lot last week!

Needless to say, we had a slow relaxing weekend! Today I put the kids to work and had them scrub the floor, it was one of the best ideas I've ever had until Luke stood up, slipped and busted his lip. Honestly, he's busted his lip in his short 18 months more than Beth has in 3 years. But they both love to run around the house with a damp paper towel, wiping things down, so it was a great activity...We just have really slippery tile. :-(

Beth also did another puzzle all by herself (again, I'm super-impressed!):

On Thursday, we took a family trip to Target. I've been wanting to buy Luke a baby doll so we got him one that looks like Beth's doll Eric- I love these dolls because they're sweet looking and cheap. So far it doesn't have a name, but given it's pink collar we think it's a girl:

After we got home from Target, it randomly started pouring rain! It was still very sunny outside, but it was really coming down for just a few minutes. We had our own personal rainbow that spanned the width of our backyard, we could see it go all the way from one side of the yard to the other. It was very cool.

3 comments:

Neen said...

The rainbow is too cool & you got a picture of it! I am glad surgery went well.

Ramona said...

That rainbow is God smiling at you guys!

Josh said...

Did you have Finley dig for the pot of gold?

 
site design by designer blogs