Wednesday, April 21

Ultrasound!

Today I had a busy morning! Grandma came to stay with the kids so I could run out- first stop was my chiropractor since I have been having a hard time walking! After that, and a short stop at the bank, I went to see my midwife. In that practice, there are two midwives, and one of them is pregnant- a few weeks ahead of me. This is the same midwife who delivered Luke, so I'm pretty sad that I know for sure that she won't be the one to deliver this boy too (she was awesome). I've pretty much seen her my entire pregnancy though, and I'm betting today will be my last day to see her before she delivers her baby... Anyway, my weight is absolutely frightening (I'm higher now than I was with the last two, yet I still have 8 weeks left!) but my health is good. Ryan met me for a follow-up ultrasound to check the placement of the placenta, and it's moved very far up so it definitely will not be an issue. Everything else looks good too, we got a good 3D picture of him with his hand by his face- and his foot by his hand! He's really crammed in there! The tech estimated he is 5 lbs 1 oz, quite a bit above what the average 31 week baby should be...Yay. :-b

After that reassuring appointment I stopped by a Carters store to grab a "big brother" and a "big sister" t-shirt for Beth and Luke, then went by Sams to buy a million dollars worth of diapers. Beth only wears her diapers for night time (and the occasional nap) but we haven't put Luke back in cloth yet since we're having some technical issues. Like, the diaper sprayer isn't installed and the hot water isn't working so well on our washing machine. Two things that neither of us can physically fix right now, so I'm trying to let myself not stress out about it. I feel so wasteful spending money on disposable diapers when I have a huge stash sitting her waiting for me, but I'm spoiled (and my son makes very disgusting, very frequent dirty diapers!) so I won't do cloth without my sprayer.

They loved their t-shirts and insisted upon wearing them right away. I grabbed my camera for a pic, but I'll get around to uploading it tomorrow!

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs