We took a huge break from our "school" since we've moved, it's been hard for me to get back into the flow of things! I think, for the most part, that I have my act together now. I've found that Beth is ready to work at a slightly quicker pace now, and I had been taking things very slowly for my own ease and convenience. But she is so ready to learn, and she needs the challenge. If I don't challenge her enough during the day, she's reminds me of a bored puppy- she's destructive and clearly needs the mental stimulation!
For "D" week, we checked out lots of library books about Dancing, St. Dominic, and Dump Trucks (for Luke too!). We also checked out several books by Tomie dePaola. He is one of our favorite authors! She practiced tracing upper and lower case D in a shallow pan full of flour (note to self: do this outside next time!), colored on some coloring pages (St. Dominic, daisies, dolphins, dinosaurs) and of course we had donuts after mass! I wish I'd had my camera for that, as Beth has a very unique way of eating her donuts... I'll have to catch that some other time!
We continue to listen to the Flower Fairy CD every day, usually several times a day as the kids both love dancing to the sweet music. There's lots of dancing in our house. :-) Beth also has a couple of workbooks from Wal-Mart that she loves, she practices writing her letters, matching pictures, drawing lines and following mazes.
For "E" week, I wasn't too prepared to go to the library and wasn't impressed with the books that I could find while the kids were running around like crazy heathens. We checked out two Ella the Elegant books (mostly cute, not my favorites), and other books on elephants, exercise, and electricity. Yesterday we talked a lot about exercising and I showed Beth some stretches...Not that I can do much right now, I certainly can't even get close to touching my toes! We also talked about St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, and Beth also did a few related coloring pages.
I wasn't too excited about our "E" week activities, so I'm hoping to prepare better for "F" week. I'm hoping to take a trip to a local fire station- last time we went (gosh, a year ago!) Beth had so much fun but Luke was too little to enjoy it. Given Luke's obsession with trucks, I think he'll like it a lot better this time!
For "E" week, I wasn't too prepared to go to the library and wasn't impressed with the books that I could find while the kids were running around like crazy heathens. We checked out two Ella the Elegant books (mostly cute, not my favorites), and other books on elephants, exercise, and electricity. Yesterday we talked a lot about exercising and I showed Beth some stretches...Not that I can do much right now, I certainly can't even get close to touching my toes! We also talked about St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, and Beth also did a few related coloring pages.
I wasn't too excited about our "E" week activities, so I'm hoping to prepare better for "F" week. I'm hoping to take a trip to a local fire station- last time we went (gosh, a year ago!) Beth had so much fun but Luke was too little to enjoy it. Given Luke's obsession with trucks, I think he'll like it a lot better this time!

2 comments:
She seems so proud! Keep it up...she is a sponge and is soaking it up! And so is her bubba, of course....
Aww - she is doing so good with her letters! I love your ideas on teaching the different letters like that!
Post a Comment