
Ryan also received a VERY early father's day gift on Friday... a Stihl FS 45 Trimmer- aka a really nice weed wacker. We were both really tired of buying cheap-o products that didn't work after the third use, and decided to put a little money into something with a nice warranty and a solid reputation. I totally surprised him though, it was awesome. I love it when I'm a cool wife. :-)
We worked on the yard some more this weekend, Ryan had two years of weed wacking to catch up on (the yard looks great!) and we planted a few impatiens in the front garden, and I *finally* got some veggie plants in the ground. Sheesh- I'm only about 6 weeks late! I planted 3 tomatoes and a bell pepper, and I also have some seeds (that probably won't grow) that I need to finish up tomorrow.
We also fired up our grill this weekend for the first time. We had some friends over for the inaugural usage and grilled some chicken fajitas and tonight we had different friends over and grilled burgers. I'd say both times were successes. I'm looking forward to using it a lot this summer!
So we spent a lot of time outside this weekend. The weather's been really warm and pretty humid, so it wasn't the most pleasant of all weekends to work outside but it needed to get done! Next weekend the pools open- time to swim!
edited: I totally forgot! I scored BIG on freecycle today- we got a functional deep freezer! Don't ask me where we're going to put it (obviously in the garage, but it's not like we have a ton of extra space) and it's a little old, but it works and it's awesome. This means I'm going to buy half a cow and stock up when Blue Bell goes on sale!

3 comments:
Wow - you guys had a busy and productive weekend!
So wish we were there to have fajitas with yall! You guys are our favorite people to eat mexican food with! ;)
Wow! I'm exhausted just reading this. The sod looks great! Can't wait to check out the tons of Blue Bell!
The yard looks fab!
I went in with Eve and some others and bought an 1/8 of a grass-fed, all natural, no hormones/antibiotics, angus cow.
A good deal too, about $3.50/lb
The sirloin was tender :)!
lookin' forward to chillin' and grillin' :)
Post a Comment