Wednesday, May 13

At home

I was reading a blog tonight that touched my heart. She wrote about being a stay-at-home mom, something that I (obviously) am, but how staying at home is not just a waiting period until something greater comes along. I'm not just here at home until my kids are old enough to ship out of the house to school, when I'll find the next big important thing in my life. This blogger helped remind me of the delight in keeping house- it really is a vocation and a talent. It's not all easy but it's my job, and I love it.

I enjoy my part-time writing gig (well, most of the time) because I feel it allows me to exercise a part of my brain that my dad and I spent a pretty penny on during college. And I'll probably continue writing for them for as long as they want me. But this time right now, while I'm a stay-at-home mom, is not just a window of time I'm trying to fill with babies, dishes, and laundry. It's my life. And I love it.

2 comments:

Tam said...

Cheers!

Grandma c said...

It is a wonderful life! Very rewarding to yourself...and to your little chicks. Consider it a blessing!

 
site design by designer blogs