Wednesday, May 6

Confessions

ellie, rita, and beth

Saturday evening we had some friends come over for dinner- it was the inaugural usage of our grill! We grilled some chicken fajitas and they came out pretty yummy. Our friends that came over are actually friends that I met on the internet...

This is my first confession. I feel, for some reason, that's it's weird that I have online friends, so I'm just going to confess it all now! I have been a member of several online communities for several years now, I guess it all got started with The Knot when I was planning our wedding! Now, I've actually "known" some of these women for several years now, watched our kids grow up, and met up with a few of them from time to time. A lot of them have heavily influenced my life, and created passions for me such as gentle discipline, cloth diapering, car seat awareness, and fostered growth in my identity as a Catholic wife and mother. I've met new people on Facebook, The Knot, Delphi Forums, and probably elsewhere too. It's been a great system of support for me, and a great resource (especially things like natural family planning, gentle discipline, and cloth diapering, and eventually homeschooling). I have always felt odd admitting that I have online friends, but not anymor! I'm firmly convinced that if the internet had been to our moms what it is now, that our moms would have done the same thing too! So, to all my internet friends- haha, I'm proud to know each and every one of you, whether or not we've met in real life! :-)

My next confession: I've hired help. I'll admit it, and I'm proud of it! I asked around within our homeschool group and found a 12 year old girl to come over every now and then to play with Beth and Luke. Tuesday she came over and played with Beth for a solid two hours- Beth adored her! Beth was so sad when we had to take her home! I was able to get a ton of stuff done that otherwise would have not been accomplished- big tasks that take more time and less "help" from the peanut gallery, if you know what I mean. I think I'll have her come over once every other week or so, maybe more often if I have a lot of work to do. At $5 an hour, I think I can afford that!

That's all I can think of for now. If I think of anything else juicy, I'll let you all my closest readers (and my internet friends!) know!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

$5 an hour is a steal...I think that's great!

Emily said...

Stephanie you are an amazing and inspiring Mom! Anyway you can make it through the day and remain as with it and together as you are...I say go for it and sign me up ;o)

 
site design by designer blogs