Wednesday, May 20

Random happenings

It's funny to me that all throughout my days, I think, "I need to blog about this!" or something similar. Blogging has become a way of life for me! But, when I sit down at my computer, I cannot for the life of me remember what I wanted to write about. So, here are some random thoughts that are coming to me in no particular order:

1. I took Beth to the doctor today because she's been sick off and on since last Friday. Yesterday evening she told me her ear hurt, so I brought her in to have that checked. Sure enough, she has an ear infection! As sad as I am that she's hurting, I thought it was kind of cool that she was able to communicate to me that she was in pain!

2. I averaged $75/an hour on my last job- so awesome! Everyone wants a close-up shot of my teeth, this is as good as it's going to get:


3. We're having some sleep issues with Luke- again? Still? I don't think they ever got better, it's just that some weeks are better than others. We're at a breaking point though, so I've got a couple books to look through to remind myself of how we handled this with Beth. The basic story is we can get Luke to sleep, but he won't stay asleep. And that's enough to drive any parent nuts when it's been happening for about every night for four months!

4. We haven't gone to the pool yet, though I have our passes, since Beth's been sick. I was hoping to go tomorrow but I don't think it's going to happen!

5. After our party the other night, Ryan and I were exhausted. He literally passed out (due to tiredness!) on the floor right after our last guests left. Finley was tired too for some reason, I guess it's just hard being a dog.


5. Beth's continuing development is so cool to see unfold. She's big into wanting to do everything herself, and she says, "I, I, I" instead of "Me, me, me." I think it's a good step in the right direction, since the correct thing to say would be, "I want to do it." Or whatever it is she wants. ;-)

6. This is Ryan's graduation from my parents and me, we combined forces to get this for his new office. I think it turned out pretty awesome!


7. Today I went to a friend's house to meet up with some of my online friends, two of whom I met for the first time today. We had a potluck lunch and let the 12 kids run around, it was a lot of fun! We were late and had to leave early since Beth was cranky due to her ear infection, I really wish we could have stayed longer because these are all women I really love! Here is a picture of all of our kids. Beth's in the front because she was too cranky to join them on the sofa!

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs