Some of you may remember that we considered trying out cloth diapers for Beth but things just didn't work out. Well after 18 months of buying diapers and wipes and filling landfills, we're going to try cloth out on Luke. We actually already have a decent-sized stash thanks to a friend who totally hooked us up with some diapers from their son. Right now we have a handful of pocket diapers, all-in-ones, and some covers. So all we'll have to buy to get started with Luke is some prefolds and maybe some fitteds. The decision to move Beth to cloth hasn't been made yet. Part of me thinks I'll already be doing the work (washing diapers) for Luke, may as well do it for Beth too. But the "big kid" diapers are a little more expensive so that's why we hesitate.
Don't worry about the work and mess- I have a big support group online and a few friends around here that use cloth also so I'm not incredibly concerned with screwing up too badly. Please offer me and Ryan support during this process- it was a hard decision and we need support!!!
We have Fuzzi Bunz Pocket diapers, Proraps All-In-Ones, Bummis Super Snap covers, and a few other random covers and pocket diapers. What I need to get to make my collection for Luke complete are Kissaluvs fitted diapers and some Indian Pre-Folds with Snappis. Eventually I want to try the one-size or all-in-one bumGenius. Probably not immediately though, as these are the ones we tried with Beth and they were pretty bulky. I couldn't imagine having those on a newborn!
There are a million and one types of cloth diapers out there and I'd love to try them all! From what I hear, different brands are better depending on the occasion. Some fit boys better, some fit chunky babies better, some are better for car rides, some better for newborns...etc. So it'll definitely be a learning process.
And on another note, my girl had her car seat checked out today by a car seat safety technician and I am happy to report she has been riding safe for 18 months. :-) I'll be going back to have her seat checked out again after we get out new car since the new car will have a different system (Latch instead of seatbealts) and plus we'll need to have Luke's seat checked out too once we actually get that. But that made me really happy to FINALLY have her seat checked out!
Monday, July 7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
awesome, second hand diapers!
Awesome! Way to go green :o)
Yay!
I actually started CDing when my first child was around 2. I started with the big chinese prefolds (blue stitching) and Prowraps. I came to prefer Bummis wraps. I have tried most of the diapers and combos you mentioned. I wish you the best! Unfortunately we are not using CD now, but I always cheer people along when they do--I think it's a great choice!
Post a Comment