Thursday, July 24

First night in cloth

Ok you might think I'm obsessing about this but it's really just another good excuse to post a cute picture of Beth! She's spending her first night in cloth and she's been wetting through her disposable diapers at night for weeks now... We'll see how it goes. And yes, I put some pants on her because believe it or not she's pulling off her diapers now if she doesn't have pants or shorts on. I've heard about kids doing this but I guess I just didn't expect it to happen to me! Hopefully if all goes well she won't be able to pull off the diapers with snaps- but the ones with velcro might come off a little easier.

Today I went for a quick trip back to the midwife to have my glucose test. I brought Beth with me and she did wonderfully; in fact, the midwife was really impressed with Beth's maternal instincts! They had a life-like doll, 8 lbs, looked like a newborn and she was just head over heels in love with that doll! The midwife said most kids are fascinated with it for 30 seconds- Beth played with it the entire time we were talking and while she was drawing my blood. It made me proud! But it looks like Eric has some competition! Maybe this will be Beth's gift when Luke is born- a new, lifelike doll. Or should it be something else that's not baby-oriented?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've come a long way, baby! I still remember the days of diaper pails and safety pins! :)

Anonymous said...

AMEN to that!

 
site design by designer blogs