Thursday, July 31

Big event

Well Ryan thinks I can tell this story without sacrificing Beth's dignity. So I'll share it with y'all not because I want to embarrass my little girl but because it's a major first!

Tonight while I was giving Beth a bath (Ryan was at class) I noticed she was passing a lot of gas... And for fear of a third "twosies in the tub" accident I asked her if she wanted to sit on the potty. Keep in mind Beth has never sat on a toilet before but has recently become more interested in their purpose. Anyways, she got totally excited and said yes, so I dried her off a little and held her on the toilet seat and wouldn't you know, the girl went twosies in the toilet. Her first time sitting up there like a big girl! She was so excited to be sitting there I don't think she even realized what happened, lol.

I was telling Ryan after he got home about the incident and I said I think this is the first parenting thing I've been totally ignorant about. I've always read ahead in the parenting books but I haven't read anything about potty training yet because I figured we had awhile to go. I am in no rush to potty train her when she's not ready! I still don't think this means we'll start trying to potty train, but I am almost positive she'll ask to sit on the potty again tomorrow. I don't know what to do- if I should get her a little kid potty, just a seat, or what? Looks like I have some reading to do...

Breakfast of oatmeal. Pardon her bib (spit happens)-it was free and we like free!

Her waiting post for daddy. She looks out her window before lunch and in the afternoons to welcome her daddy home. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that she asked to read the sports page and for you to please leave and give her some privacy.

Mandi said...

Yay Bethany!!!!!!

The Zajicek's said...

Yea! That's great! Little steps at a time! :)

Love the waiting post for daddy!

 
site design by designer blogs