We went out this morning and found some plastic bins on sale at Target and got 6- 4 for Beth and 2 for Luke. Luckily I had been organizing her clothes as she's outgrown them- but they've been stored in diaper boxes and plastic containers of various sizes in her closet. Now they're consolidated into 3 pretty boxes, awaiting their trip to the attic until we have another girl to clothe. :-)
Old ugly boxes and pretty new boxes!While I was going through her clothes I realized I actually had a lot of gender-neutral stuff that Luke can wear, so I pulled that out and have it ready to go in his drawer. His single drawer in Beth's huge dresser, lol. What's awesome is this box is full of clothes that we've been given or I've bought on clearance for him to wear between 3-12 months. I really think he won't need any clothes until he hits 6 months!
Luke's box of clothes. The big diaper box is full of cloth diapers for Luke- he's stocked and ready to go in that department also!
Happy baby in a box, not to be stored in the attic. ;-)Ryan is at his appointment right now, getting an estimate on his trade-in value of his truck- hopefully it goes well! We're hoping to buy our Mazda 5 toward the beginning of September. One more month! Anyone want to buy a 98 Ford Ranger???
Beth has started "swimming like a fishy" in the bathtub. She throws out all her toys and then lays on her belly and giggles. She likes to put one ear under the water too, I think she's still trying to figure all that out. I still have her in an infant (toddler?) tub from Ikea, so I think I'm hindering her ability to really "swim", lol. I've been contemplating moving her out of this tub and into the big bathtub. I'll need to in a couple of months anyways after Luke is born because we'll need the real tiny infant tub, and there's not enough room for all that in our bathroom!
We're still trying to figure out which cloth diapers will hold it all in at night since Beth tends to be a pretty heavy night wetter. This is our first night to give this combination a try- a hemp pocket diaper stuffed with a cotton insert and a hemp tri-fold, and a wool soaker on top. Hemp is incredibly absorbent (so I hear) and wool is incredibly breathable as well as absorbent. So... we'll see what happens!
And finally, a picture from two days ago. This is my first "sewing" project on my new (well, new to me) sewing machine (it was Ryan's grandmother's machine). I can sew a seam! I cut up the dress I had started making for her a few months ago, mostly because I would have been too embarrassed for her to actually wear it, so here's the fabric now as a sling for Beth instead. It's too long and not deep enough, but for free-handing it I'll call it a success.
Pooh Bear likes his new ride.
Pooh Bear likes his new ride.Also, today one of my brothers left home to head out of state to discern living at Sacred Heat Apostolic School in the fall. Please keep him and my family in your prayers, as while everyone is elated that he is giving God this chance in his life, it will be a big change to have him gone!



3 comments:
It looks like Beth has some junk in her trunk.
I am thinking of our sweet girl....SO precious.........around 17 years old .......and singing...."bootylicious".........
Ryan: Any comments.....
HA!!!!
It's so cute...when they are 18 months old......
Want to come to my house!? Feel free :o)
Post a Comment