Friday, August 29

Sewing project

My third sewing project- a homemade wetbag for my diaper bag. It's just for me to toss in my diaper bag so when we're out and I need to change Beth's diaper, I have a waterproof/smellproof small bag to put the used diapers in. I just finished- it took me about 30 minutes to figure it out. My first zipper! I'm not sure I chose the right material (probably should have used PUL) but I just cut a waterproof liner for a crib, added a zipper and sewed up the sides. Really I probably shouldn't be as proud of it as I am since it was really simple, but... I am proud! Hopefully it keeps the wetness in... I don't know about smell though. I might try to figure out how to add a pretty cover on it, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth it. I'll try it out first to see how it works.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU SHOULD BE PROUD!!!!!!!!
That is an AWESOME zipper!!!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, that is awesome! Zippers are really hard to line up, but that one looks to be industrial perfection- seriously! Maybe when we take custody of our first adopted wonder in a couple months, I can hire you to make a wetbag for me!

I always thought it would be funny to have one that said "fresh baked cookies" or something on it, so nosy folks going through your stuff would get a smelly lesson about privacy ;)
(I wouldn't really, but it would be funny if SOMEONE did!)

It looks GREAT!

-Liz

Anonymous said...

Wow!! If you can put in a zipper, then you can do almost anything with that sewing machine! Great job! Now... can you make me a "mother of the groom" dress?

Caroline said...

AWESOME!!! You did great!

 
site design by designer blogs