Tuesday, August 26

She's bossy!

Beth's speech has really taken off lately! Her words still aren't entirely clear to most people but I definitely can understand her when she asks me for something- or rather, tells me to do something. And what has been really humorous about this is watching her boss Finley around. Mostly, it's a clear and demanding "No No!" to Finley when he's sniffing something she thinks he shouldn't be sniffing. Or if I'm cooking dinner in the kitchen and Beth is with me, and Finley walks in, she'll start pushing him and saying "Out!" (this is even funnier considering he weighs at least three times as much as her and she can barely budge him). Ryan and I crack up at it but I guess this means we'll have to start watching what we say around her a little more... Not that we saying anything bad, but Ryan will occasionally lay the smack-talk on Finley...

Beth has also been very into "dipping" her food in the recent weeks. I keep forgetting to blog about it! A few months ago I was trying to coax her into eating something so I gave her a little mustard and showed her how to dip her food. Well, to her this was the greatest thing since mama's milk! She loves mustard, and she loves dipping her food! We'll give her other dips also, like ranch dressing, cream cheese, or yogurt, but by far her favorite is mustard. We've even caught her just spooning plain mustard into her mouth!





She's also been really interested in a baby book we have for her called Angel in the Waters. It's about the baby forming inside of a mommy and how the mommy and daddy take care of the baby after he's born. It's a sweet book, we gave it to Beth when I was still in my first trimester but she's just now getting interested in looking at the beautiful drawings. She absolutely loves babies right now! I can't remember if I've blogged about this or not, but a few weeks ago we went to someone's house to pick something up. The lady had a 3-week-old baby and she let Beth hold him! Beth completely understood that this was a real baby and not a doll, and she admired his belly button and toes and his full head of hair! She did not want to let him go though! And at another friend's house, Beth kept trying to hug a 7-month-old boy. He wasn't as interested as Beth was, and her extreme interest in him probably scared him a little, but she was really upset when I asked her to stop trying to hug him! Ryan and I are positive she's going to be the overly-helpful, overly-interested big sister. I don't anticipate any sort of sibling rivalry or jealousy from her- she really loves babies so much that I think she'll see baby Luke as more of a gift to her than someone to take attention away from her. I am so excited to see her around her new brother!
Meanwhile, this is my view of her now. Usually I don't even see her nose!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Stephanie! Happy late birthday to you! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Okay, we both have great tastes in kid stuff, apparently: the same wet bag for CD'ing, the same car seat cover, and the same heart shirt for our little girls! I'm pretty sure I've seen Beth with more identical clothing to Allie in past pictures, too. Apparently you are obsessed with cute Carter's stuff, like me...

Blair said...

She's going to be a great big sis :)
That's hilarious about the mustard! My girls are like that with ranch dressing!

Mandi said...

I can't believe she likes mustard! That's insane! I'll have to try it with Kaylee and see what she thinks.

Anonymous said...

Great set of pictures! I think you have captured the "real" girl during her eating frenzy!
We witnessed the mustard thing and could not believe our eyes!

Anonymous said...

My mom tells the story of my brother, the ketchup monster! He would usually just skip the french fries and go straight for the ketchup with his spoon. At least mustard is healthier!

I love the "My view of Beth" picture. I guess that makes sense - can't see your feet, can't see your kid.

 
site design by designer blogs