We didn't have much of a celebration on Ryan's birthday since Beth was sick that day, so instead we semi-celebrated last night. I made his requested appetizer of spinach and artichoke dip and his requested dessert of oatmeal toffee bars. We were so full after those two things that we decided to make the actual dinner part of meatloaf, potato skins, and summer veggies tonight!
Beth, I would say, was back to normal yesterday. She still keeps her finger constantly in her mouth- which would really make you think she's teething again but I can't see anything in her mouth. Due up next are her canines but nothing seems to be attempting to pop through the surface. So I don't know... I'm just hoping she's not developing a finger-sucking habit, I'm not looking forward to breaking a habit like that.
Tomorrow is my birthday and to celebrate (well, we'll be celebrating both of our birthdays) Ryan and I are spending a night away from Beth! We're driving into the city for dinner and a night on the town at the horse tracks and staying at a hotel near where we used to live. Then Sunday morning we'll go to mass at our old church! I'm really excited about this- it'll be my FIRST night away from Beth and probably only night away for many years to come, lol. Really and honestly, I'm probably most excited about sleeping in on Sunday!
Friday, August 22
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Happy Birthday, my baby!! :-)
What a joy and blessing you have been to our lives.
We are so proud of you and the wife/mommy you've become.
God's blessings abound.
Post a Comment