Today is the 40th anniversary of Pope Paul VI's encyclical letter Humanae Vitae! To mark this occasion, this week has been declared "Natural family planning awareness week". So I'll put in my little plug (maybe a little TMI but nothing I'm not afraid to share publicly!). :-)
NFP has been a blessing to our marriage since before we were even engaged. Ryan and I took a couple to couple league class together to make sure this is what we both agreed with and then proceeded to plan the rest of our lives together. It came naturally to both of us- though I had irregular cycles and therefore did not have the "textbook-perfect" cycle. But it makes sense. Seeing a woman's cycle on paper- observing the signs of fertility and infertility- it really makes you think, "God really knew what he was doing!" I feel so blessed that God has led us down a path in which we both wholeheartedly accept, even though we do occasionally have crosses to bear. It's completely worth it though, as we have the faith in God to help us plan our family. No barriers between us and God- complete trust! Talk about surrendering one's will to the Father.
I've wanted to be a mother since...Well, as long as I can remember. And now that I am a mother I hope God chooses to bless us with a large family. If he decides two is enough for us, then I will happily (but reluctantly I'm sure) accept, and if he decides 12 is right for us then I will also happily (but reluctantly I'm sure) accept that as well. ;-)
There are many methods of natural family planning, and we use the sympt0-thermal method by CCLI. Other popular methods include Billings, Creighton, and Marquette. And don't think NFP means "not for protestants"! To my non-Catholic brothers and sisters- natural family planning is a lifestyle, a way of living in conjunction with God's plan for our bodies. If you have the desire to speak with other non-Catholics about NFP, I can happily refer you to some friends! This website is a good start for non-Catholics.
Friday, July 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are SO blessed to know this SO young. I am so happy for you and Ryan. ;)
Natural is the way to go...
Post a Comment