Here is our silly girl. I've let her climb several things now, just once, to get it out of her system and let her decide it's not really all that exciting afterall. I find this approach to be more effective than repeating "No thank you, not for climbing" a million times. This approach has worked with the kitchen chair and the trunk in our room. The coffee table, however, is apparently incredibly exciting to climb. This is why in a lot of the pictures I post, the coffee table is flipped over. She and Finley like to play on it when it's upside down! We've debated removing it from the house all together and may have to eventually, but right now she only seems to want to climb it when she's bored. It's sort of my cue to start a new activity!



This is her new special, big girl "milk only" cup. It has frogs on it. I wish I had a photo of this, but when we got home from buying it, I made a big deal of how neat and exciting the cup was. I put some milk in it and gave it to her, and she took a big swig (swallowing most of it), looked at the cup like it was from another planet, walked over to the dog crate and put it inside, then closed the dog crate and waved bye bye! It was too funny, I just about died laughing! So maybe the special milk cup won't work for us, but we'll keep trying it out. She did drink a little bit (maybe an ounce?) of chocolate milk the night we got the cup. We'll just keep trying!

Today I went to a consignment sale at a local church and I bought 5 dresses (3 for now, 2 for the fall), a pair of play slippers (never worn!) and two plastic picture books for $9.50! I am soooo going to go to these sales more often! I've been looking for this plastic picture book for about a month now, and hadn't found them. At the sale today there were two for .50 each, so I bought both! Beth is really into looking at photos now, and so I plan to take a photo of her with each extended family members and put it in the books for her to look at before (or maybe during?) we say our prayers at night. We pray for each family member by name so it might be helpful for her to see one by one who she's praying for!

3 comments:
Grandpa taught her how to climb on tables! We especially like the climbing sequence. She looks like she is almost ready for Mount Everest.
Look at that little climber girl! :)
My nephew has that little book and it helped him learn and remember who his favorite Aunt Kyla was since I'm out of town!
I always wondered why the table was upside down! That little climber :o)
Great buys! We bought that same plastic book at Babies R Us...for now he just chews on it though...
Post a Comment