Wednesday, April 2

Doctor Vist

Today I had my second OB visit. It was a quick one- just a urine test and we listened to the heartbeat. Nice and strong- 170 bpm. He had a hard time finding it at first and right as I was starting to get nervous he found it! My weight was the same, which is really hard to believe considering how tight my pants are! I'm glad I had the appointment today because Monday night I had my first migraine of this pregnancy. If you'll remember with Beth, I had awful headaches in my second trimester. I'm doing all I can to try to keep them away- I've been drinking TONS of water and stretching my stiff neck (one symptom) and taking Tylenol at the first sign on one coming on. Monday night was just awful, I really can't remember the last time I was in that much pain. I definitely think this is the worst part of pregnancy for me! Anyways, my OB prescribed Fioricet, which is a combination of acetaminophen, caffeine, and butalbital (a muscle relaxant for headaches). It's a class "C" drug meaning I really shouldn't take it unless I absolutely have to, but it's nice to know it's here in case I need it. He was more comfortable prescribing that instead of Vicodin, which is what I took with Beth.

Today Beth and I also took Finley to the vet for the first time! Well, the first time he's gone with us. They loved him (of course) and couldn't believe how mellow he was! He's 61.5 pounds (I didn't know how much he weighed until today!) and she was really impressed with his muscle tone in his legs, lol. Really surprising considering how much of his day he spends sleeping. ;-) He got some C.E.T. dental chews for the minor plaque buildup on his teeth (thanks Julie! He loves them!) and some heart worm preventative. And he got his nails clipped! I used to clip Vegas' nails, but she didn't have black nails like Finley does, and the clipping black nails makes me nervous. Maybe one day I'll get the guts to try again, since he really just lays there while you do whatever you want to him!

And lastly, we have tiny little plants in our garden. :-) That's right! The cantaloupe, basil, and some spinach have already begun to sprout! I was really surprised when I went out there to water everything tonight, but it's really these plants and not weeds. I'm so excited!

I don't have any new pictures so this one from a few weeks ago will have to do!

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs