Our garden and the most beautiful back of the head in the whole world! All but one of the cages are tomatoes- the last cage is a green bell pepper (Big Bertha!) The little cantaloupes are in the corner near Beth's shoulder. It will be a huge plant but hopefully I can get it to spill over the edge of the bed. We'll see how that goes.
Pretty girl behind our Meyer Lemon tree. It's tiny, as you can see, but there are already little lemons forming on it!
An orange tree, though I'm not sure what kind. Our neighbors gave it to us when they moved and we planted it a few months ago. I'm glad it survived the planting- I wasn't too sure until recently when it started growing. Now there are a million white flowers on it, you can't see them too well though.
Mexican limes. There are also a million little white flowers on this one. This corner of the yard (they're planted in an L shape) smells really good!
Tiny, tiny basil seedlings. I have mint in the pot next to it but the mint hasn't sprouted yet. I hope it does so I can figure out a way to make virgin mojitos! The mojito was my new favorite adult beverage right before I became pregnant...Also, I can't believe I forgot to mention this yesterday! I bought my first maternity shirt of this pregnancy, lol. I plan on wearing it tomorrow. Do I need to? Probably not. But it's super cute! I am so happy Ann Taylor Loft has a maternity section now! I guess I need to start taking belly photos now that I have a bit of a belly. This baby has already been so cheated!
Tomorrow Beth and I are heading into the big city to take out my good friend and former roommate to lunch for her birthday. I'm really excited to see her! It's weird that we've moved only about 40 minutes away from "the city" but we hardly ever go there- we have everything we need right here! I do miss living there sometimes though- close to everywhere and in the middle of everything!


4 comments:
Yay for sprouts and cute little citrus trees!!! And your daughter is adorable too, of course! ;) I envy you--we don't have the room to plant any trees on our property. We have 3 mature trees already and they cause way too much shade (need pruning) and give us all kinds of other issues (all the stuff they drop, pollen, acorns, pine cones, seeds, sticks, pine needles, etc, etc). I would looooooooove to instead be able to harvest yummy limes and lemons for kitchen use! My neighbor has an orange variety that is SO pretty in the winter with all its ripe fruit but I've heard his oranges are a strange flavor mix btwn orange and lemon. LOL
I got started a little late so I don't have any herb seedlings, yet. I sowed Lime Basil, Sweet Basil, Garlic Chives, and Italian Flat-leaf parsley. I was so glad to see that you planted your mint in a pot. I've heard it has terribly invasive roots, so a pot is always the way to go with that. What type of mint did you plant? I love spearmint, but any mint would be a lovely touch in the garden--I like eating it fresh and putting it in iced tea!
Your garden looks lovely--so tidy and well organized. It will be amazing this summer when everything is growing huge and producing great veggies and fruits. I haven't ever seen a cantaloupe vine, so you have to post pics of that!
I'm excited--some dirt cheap Easter Lilies I got at Home Depot last year after Easter (planted into the ground this year when I remembered they were in the abandoned pots sitting by the fence--LOL) are just about to start making blooms! I went out today and peered down into the tops of the foliage and I saw the beginnings of flower buds!! They are outside my boys' window so they will have fun watching them bloom.
Sorry to write a book!
Where are you going to lunch? We don't head far intown that much either, except that I have a good friend who lives by the loop and we see her as often as we can. Tomorrow she's heading out my way to meet us at a park, though. Have fun!
That baby of yours certainly does have a beautiful head. The garden looks great, too!
Ugh - we just visited our new house and one whole patch of the garden is mint. The english ivy is taking over the whole front garden and running up the house. One of our new neighbors said the house has been vacant for about 1 year, so the weeds have been having a party, and she also mentioned they were happy someone was moving in and the weeds would be gone, hint, hint, super-big hint...
Wow - the garden looks great!! I bet yall are enjoying having that!
Beth looks like she is having fun with it too! :)
Post a Comment