Wednesday, April 30

Checkup

I had an OB checkup today and it was a quick one. Everything is well. I decided against the blood work to test for genetic disorders- he said really it's not a 100% thing anyways so it just gets a woman all worried about everything. I don't remember that even being an option at my previous OB with Beth... Man I really didn't like her! Another thing I really don't understand is (and it happened with Beth too) my weight is the same but my body has obviously changed (read: I'm bigger around the middle!). So how does that work? One would think the weight re-distributes, but I'm not smaller anywhere, that's for sure! Our next appointment is May 28- the big one! We'll have an ultrasound that day and we'll get to see baby parts, hopefully. :-)

Beth is cuter and cuter every day. It's fun to think that it's really getting better as she gets older. She's challenging me more, don't get me wrong. But it's to the point where I honestly miss her after she goes to bed. Not that I don't adore my alone time- again, don't get me wrong! But she's so adorable that sometimes I just want to hold her and look at her. She doesn't sit still in my lap for very long anymore, maybe that's why. Or maybe it's my pregnancy hormones making me all sentimental. Either way, she's cute! Even when she screams bloody murder because she doesn't get her way. Or when she tries to bite me or whatever else she can get her hands on when she's upset. Or when she runs away when I tell her "diaper change!" I don't know why toddlers hate diaper changes- you'd think it'd be a relief to get out of that nastiness!

May is going to be a very busy month for us! May is the month we celebrate and honor Mary, the mother of Jesus. I really am going to try to be faithful in praying the daily Angelus - it's such a beautiful prayer that will help keep me focused during the day. Tomorrow we'll be planting some pretty flowers in front of our statue of Our Lady of Lourdes in our garden- I hope I can be crafty enough to make a pretty wreath for her head. In a couple of weekends my brother will graduate from college (whoop!) and the following weekend we will travel to visit out-of-state family . In between those weekends I have the conclusion of many of my extra-curricular activities (lots of parties!), and then of course the big ultrasound! So we'll stay busy.

Somewhere in there I'd like to buy an end table for my bed to help me stay organized with all of my binders and books- the word of the month for me is discipline. I am focusing on incorporating discipline into all aspects of my life to balance things out and focus myself more on Christ. Beyond that I want to discipline myself to complete my chores before playing, read instead of watch tv, be more faithful in prayer, and make sure that I am completing my chores and my tasks with love in my heart, instead of bitterness or anger. I want to give my attention to whomever is present in my life- not to let myself be distracted but instead see Christ in them and love their soul. It will certainly take more than the month of May, but through prayer hopefully I can take a couple of big steps in the right direction!

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs