Last Wednesday, I asked DH what we our weekend plans were. He said, don't worry about it! He has a sneaky way of surprising me, so I didn't know what to expect... But I knew our one year anniversary was about a week away so it couldn't be a huge ordeal. I expected lunch and a trip to Rice Village to shop for maternity clothes. Well I was right about lunch! We went to a yummy little pizza place and then he wanted to go by Borders "to browse a little bit." Well it had started raining so I figured he was just waiting for the rain to subside since Rice Village is an outdoor mall. We "browsed" in Borders for a bit then around the time it stopped raining he said okay, so we left. As we were driving away he mentioned wanting a latte so we pulled into a center with a coffee house and as we started to walk toward it, he detoured into a spa! He had made an appointment for a 50 minute massage for me! I was so shocked, it was a VERY fancy place too so they really treated me well. They offered him wine while he waited but no wine for me since I was there for a prenatal massage! WOW it was amazing, I told her about my neck pains and so she spent a little extra time on my neck and shoulders... my neck pain is gone. Nada. Zilch. I feel amazing. The rest of the massage was very nice, but I am so overwhelemed that she was able to work whatever it was out of my neck. I've had *minor* headaches since then, but nothing out of the ordinary from my daily, non-preggo life. He really shocked me! He said it was my pre-wedding anniversary present, because next weekend for our actual anniversary he's planning a trip...
Again, another surprise. He's been dropping hints- I know we're going somewhere by car, not to the north or east, water is *not* the main component but a factor, and it's a series of events. I'm so excited! Our 1 year anniversary, already. I know time flies but sheesh, we still feel like newlyweds. I hope we always do. :-)
Sunday, July 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh how fantastic is that! Has he been reading your blog? ;) I'm so glad you enjoyed your massage so well. Did they have you sitting in a chair for it, to protect your belly?
Nope, I laid on my back for the first part, then she flipped me on one side for a bit to do my back, then on my other side. It was very comfortable, and I'm not big enough yet that it would have made a big deal but she said that's how she was comfortable doing it. I didn't argue!
That sounds awesome! I'm so glad it helped your neck pain!
awww sweet :-) ya'll are too cute. i love the new facebook pics from your cruise!
Post a Comment