Sunday, July 30

I got it!


With the help from some friends, I decided that I wasn't ready to give up my belly button ring yet. So I purchased a "maternity" ring from here. I bought the first ring listed on the page. It came in the mail yesterday, so of course, I cleaned it and stuck it in. I had to trim it quite a bit, since it was so long it was uncomfortable. I can't imagine I'll need it longer, but if so, it was only 4 bucks. :-)

Only one more week until we find out! The anticipation is wonderful! I want to have mostly gender-neutral items for the baby, but I think that buying some little pink socks or baseball-themed onesies are defintely in order. :-)

This week I researched slings and pouches. I think I've narrowed it down to having one of several, to see which is best for what. I really like the looks of pouches but I think slings might be easier to discreetly breastfeed in public with. I'm still debating a wrap- I'm thinking since they're two-shoulder instead of one shoulder, they might be better as the baby gets older.

I really like these and these pouches. I haven't found any slings yet that I'm in love with... But to help you get the idea (if you've never seen a ring sling before), some can be found here. Next week, I plan on researching cloth diapers!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Yay! I really like slings! I found a few I like, but none with rings. I actually found a pattern online and I'm going to have my sister custom make some slings for Sean and myself. I agree -they're much better for breastfeeding and for closeness to your baby.

FYI - There is a cloth diaper service in Houston, so that you don't have to wash them all yourself. It's sort of a rent service. You might look into it.

Bethany or Ethan - here you come!

 
site design by designer blogs