Friday, July 28

Physical Therapy

This week I started physical therapy for my neck. It was prescribed by my internist, who is a genius and the best doctor I've ever visited. Anyway, we have fantastic insurance so the copay is decenet per visit, and I will go three times a week for 4 weeks. So far this week I've been twice, and she's talked to me about the pain (the headaches), applied heat to my neck, massaged my neck and showed me how to do some stretches. It's soooo wonderful, she can tell just by feeling my neck where the tension and pain is. So this is something I'll be doing for the next several weeks.

I also decided that I wasn't ready to part with my belly ring, so I ordered one. It's made with PTFE, a medical plastic substance, and has a metal ball on either end. I'm looking forward to getting it soon since my current one keeps falling/slipping out since I lost one of the metal balls...

We have a slow weekend planned. DH has a final to study for, so we'll probably go to Barnes and Noble so he can study, I'll be the person sitting in the aisles reading books. :-) Most likely pregnancy and labor books, of course. So far, I've been told to check out some Dr. Sears books and another one- can't remember the title right now. I just finished the entire Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell (fiction), so I also need to find another writer to get hooked on. Preferably another series-type thing, because I like reading about the same characters in different books. Suggestions?

3 comments:

DMouse007 said...

Kathy Reichs is good, as is Tess Gerritsen.

I love Lisa Gardner too - these assume you want more murder type stuff.

The Time Travellers Wife is a favourite of mine, and I could read that over and over and over.

Birdsong (Sebastian Faulks) is anotherfavourite too.

Mandi said...

If you like comedy books you could try the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. Everyone I know loves it. Stephanie is a really awful bounty hunter who gets herself into hilarious situations. Currently there are twelve books in the series that are in print. The first is "One for the money".

also, you may enjoy Jodi Picoult. Her books are not series books, but many of them are about the Amish and/or Mennonites. They are all great reads.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so this definitely isn't a series, but it IS a really entertaining book, especially for an expectant mom!

It's called "Diary of a Mad Mom-to-Be" by Laura Wolf. It's a hilarious diary-style book about a woman who is (obviously) going to have a child. She keeps a running list of all the things people don't tell you about pregnancy. It's a quick, easy read that you might enjoy! She also has one called "Diary of a Mad Bride-to-Be." Even though you're past that stage, it's still funny!

 
site design by designer blogs